My name is Perry Jackson, and I’m an actor.
I promise I’m not a rapper, but I’ve always had a way with words.
So before you burn, delete, or shred this,
Let’s see if I can provide something you deserve.
I may be from LA, but my time on the East
Taught me much more about the nature of the Beast.
Very expensive schools lead to a few things,
A huge amount of debt, along with the nice sheepskin and pretty class rings.
So though my art school buddies may think I’m a sellout,
It’s Hollywood or bust ‘til all my bills past due post a zero amount.
Though Shakespeare and I will still remain Facebook friends,
I will definitely do a Disney movie to increase dividends.
I have a large frame that can play security, fireman, or cop,
But my intellect says a lawyer, doctor, or CEO at the top.
Whatever the role, I’ve got plenty of range,
Whether you see me on the internet, the screen, or the stage.
Casting directors say I remind them of a young Will Smith,
While managers see me as more of a Forest Whitaker,
If you ask me, I'd say, well it depends on the literature…
My name is Perry Jackson, sometimes confused with Percy,
So I won't rob any lightning, but I'll steal some thunder with no mercy.
It’s easy to tell that I'm dramatically trained, but you still might
see me working the room at Upright Citizens Brigade.
Whether you'd like to scream, laugh, or cry,
Its clear that in most genres, I'm your go-to-guy.
In any case, I don't mean to ramble; after all, this is just a preamble...
So let's meet for an interview, let's call it informational,
and though I have great presence, don't worry, I'm mostly non-confrontational.
Perhaps we'll hit it off, and see where this goes- either way,
I can assure you that I'm not "one of those".
And even if we if don't end up a match made in heaven,
I'll still say hello if I see you at the 7-eleven.
-PJ, 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment