Thursday, January 10, 2013

1-10-13

Not too much to report today... I worked a double at the restaurant, so this is the first that I've been able to write all day. I just got finished reading a pilot from one of my writing partners about young folk living in LA. It seems pretty good, and I can't wait to put my mark on it, but I have to wake up early for the internship tomorrow. I'll get started on the rewrite for the pilot after work, and I'll come up with something interesting to say on this blog as well.

Before I go, I would like to say that I was able to find a GREAT 24 hour coffee shop in Santa Monica, minutes away from my job. I came here tonight right after work, and I love it! It's called 212 Pier- I just wish i had known about it when I was still living in Santa Monica.

212 Pier - Isn't it beautiful?


Something about writing in Starbucks and Coffee Bean just doesn't feel right. It's like writing in a McDonald's- not the most inspirational environment for a sensory-aware writer like myself. I can read in those places, but being creative there feels icky and corporate. Next time I want to write a formulaic romantic comedy, (re: never) I'll write there. Here, there's art on the walls, and books everywhere. I'm adding it to my list of go-to coffee shops, along with the Bourgeoisie Pig in Hollywood, Cafe Insomnia in Miracle Mile. Urth Caffe and Cafe Intelligentsia are coffee shops that I love as well, but they are better served for holding meetings. I can actually create here. I can't wait to see what's in store... I'm gonna go home now and finish Midnight in Paris, and try to get some more dreaming done.

See you tomorrow,

PDubs

No comments:

Post a Comment