Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Stream of Consciousness Poem 9-25-13

I'm here and I can't move
I've lost so much
Don't know how to reclaim it all
Pulled in two to three to four different directions
Trying hard just to float
Can't pay the bill
Love life monotonous
Success fleeting
Don't know what I fight for anymore
Don't know what makes me smile
What is it I really want
Used to know, could give an answer.

Hope is whatever,
No longer feel clever,
People dying all around me,
Trying to sleep soundly,
Can't see outside of the muck,
I feel stuck.
Can't get out of this mess,
got some serious shit to address,
Coming up on a life crisis,
Want to quit but don't know what the price is,
How can I support a family,
Can't even carry me.

Want to write something uplifting
Don't think that's gonna happen
Haven't written a poem in a while
And this is all I can come up with
Defcon two
Time to panic?
Probably should just meditate or pray
Do I still know how to do that?
Talent wasted
The path leads to a dead end
It was all a search for truth
Honesty hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment